Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Psalm for the soul

"The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths." Psalm 135:6
What a beautiful verse to reflect on! The LORD does whatever please HIM, sometimes I want Him to do what I think would please me! This morning as I read this verse I was struck with God's Sovereign plan for my little life. Yes, again it goes back to surrender. If we believe God's Word is true (dear friends I hope you do) then we can see that the LORD is going to do what He pleases so we would do well to spend less time worrying and more time surrendering.
Some of you might know that my dear husband and I would greatly desire for our family to be larger than a family of two. In fact, I have said for several years that I would be excited to be the mom of a dozen children, or really however many God would desire us to have. I feel that He opens and closes the womb and therefore He know the number of children we will have. Well, you might have guessed from my lack of photos of children that we don't have any. Yes, Brandon and I have not conceived any children in our 3.5 years of marriage. Over the months and now years of longing to become pregnant I have gone through many phases of doubt and questioning. After all, I have wanted to be a mom since... well I think I pretended to be pregnant as a toddler, so I have always wanted to be a mom. Anyway, we did some preliminary tests at an infertility DR. a couple of months ago and everything came back fine. On Tuesday I had an HSG dye test (this is a very very painful test which is presently still causing cramps) and it showed that one of my fallopian tubes is totally blocked. Part of me wants to cry out WHY ME?? However, God does what pleases HIM so instead, my response is (hopefully) Blessed Be Your Name Lord!

No comments: