Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reflections from an AMAZING week!

It has been quite some time since I have done a post... with good reason. I have been attending an amazing youth event with 131 Sr. High Youth from my church. We joined several other churches with several 100 other youth for a great week of speakers, worship, music, arts, sports, laughs, prayers, games... Every element of the week went well. The speaker was amazing and I think the youth and adult leaders resonated with all he shared. We had several students within our youth group make first time decisions for Christ. Many of the conversions had been in the making for several years. With each new brother in Christ came many tears from those who have long been praying. Our final night there we met as a group to share ways that we had seen God work. When those new believers shared my heart felt like it would burst. I never get tired of hearing stories of those leaving the life of sin and turning to LIFE in Christ! God allowed me to lead an amazing small group of beautiful young women. It was a joy to watch them grow and digest the things the speaker shared! God ordained a few special conversations with girls which I hope He was given much glory in! I also had so much fun laughing with my floor mates until all hours of the night! There is something that is so special about college dorms that I can't even describe.
I pray for these young women and young men who are now back at home, back to the places where they are tempted. Please join me in prayer as I know that the powers of darkness are not too happy about all of the amazing things God did at camp! May they continue to grow, develop accountability, and shine brightly in the darkness!
As for me... I am still in the physical recovery mode. I am not as young as I once was and 5 days with 2 to 3 hours of sleep has a way of creeping up on a person. I am so thankful to have been part of this special outpouring of Grace, and at the same time so blessed to now be at home with my wonderful and amazing husband!

No comments: