Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thank you Lord for the gift of Summer!!!

Yes, I do thank our great God almost daily for summer, I think I thank Him for summer even in winter! As I sit here and type I can hear the fan buzzing away and I can feel the moist warm air on my face. That is right, I am not freezing, my skin is not dry, there is no static in the air. I am not wearing five layers as I do in the winter... and most wonderfully... my nose has stopped dripping!!
We have yet to run the air conditioner this summer. I suppose we will run it sometime, basically to make sure it still works! I am so thankful for the rich, warm, cozy, inviting heat that it would be so sad to waste it with cold, stale, dry air! Whoa, I have to watch myself, I am not trying to
come across as anti-air conditioner, I just REALLY like summer! The last two mornings I have been awake before my alarm, feeling refreshed for the day. My morning times in God's Word have been so special and honestly, I think much of it comes from my thankful heart. Oh, how I yearn to have a thankful heart EACH morning in warmth of sum
mer of the cold of winter! I guess that is something I shall work on in the fall, but for now... THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS WONDERFUL DAY YOU HAVE MADE!!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Hi Shelly! Will you email me please!

anij34@gmail.com

Jolene