Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009... it isn't mine!!!!!

I can't believe it is 2009! I feel like I thought for so long that this year would never come. When Brandon applied to Trinity Evangelical Divinity School back in 2004 his 2009 graduation date seemed a lifetime away and yet, here it is. When I sat down with the Lord on January 1st I had much to discuss :) As an act of surrender I wrote out all of my HUGE prayer requests for the year, things like: a job for Brandon, selling the townhouse, moving/transition, Ethiopia adoption, etc... This year is FILLED with unknowns. While writing the list I realized that the requests were all about ME! The Lord has a plan bigger than ours and this day (year) is HIS not mine!!! I know that this New Year's Revelation is not a one time surrender. There will be many times each day (hour) that I need to lay these requests before God. I know he loves to hear the prayers of my heart, but how much more does He love surrender and obedience! May He increase and we decrease this year dear friends!!!

No comments: