Friday, March 27, 2009

Pray for the Red River Valley!

Some of you may know that I lived in the Red River Valley of Fargo/Moorhead for six years before moving here. The place and people are so dear to my heart. They are experiencing MAJOR flooding right now. People are being evacuated by the minute including my college's doors being closed! While my heart aches, it also warms as I am so proud of the people in these communities who have been working for days with very little sleep as they raise dikes higher and higher. If you don't live in a river valley you might not understand how FLAT it is there! I mean it is REALLY flat! The dikes must hold or the community will be filled with water... Our house will be praying for Fargo/Moorhead today, maybe you can say a little prayer for the people in these communities too!

No comments: