Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trees or babies... can't we save both??

Casting Crowns, one of my favorite singing groups has a song "While You Were Sleeping" (or something like it) with the line, "We are sung to sleep by philosophies that save the trees and kill the children." Every time I hear this song it line strikes me! Due to my allergies I have the opportunity to spend some time in stores where saving the trees is extra important. The same people have no care for human life and it saddens my heart. I am not trying to strike up a debate... just expressing sadness and confusion!
At the same time it saddens my heart when Christians do not care for the earth as God called us to have dominion over it. We should be caring about recycling and reusing more than non-believers as it is our JOB to care about it... check out Genesis! I recently when shopping to 5 stores (I shop sale ads for good deals) and managed to use only one plastic bag. It felt good to care about what God had made and do my part!
So my thought... we can care about trees and babies right????!!!!!!!!

No comments: