Friday, May 22, 2009

Graduation weekend in words! Yes world, My husband is Divine!!!!

(I joke that since Brandon’s degree is a Master’s of Divinity, the world must now recognize him as divine... something I have long believed)
Last weekend was one that I didn’t think would ever come, once it came I didn’t want it to end. Many people say that a bride’s day is her wedding day, well I think that last weekend was Brandon’s special weekend in much the same way. After four years of challenging seminary classes filled with papers, projects, presentations, sermons, exams etc... Brandon finished... and he finished WELL!!!! I have never been so proud of anyone my whole live. My eyes just kept watering with joy as the weekend progressed. By commencement I was a joyful mess!
(I must now brag a minute. Sorry for those who don’t like it, but I can’t contain myself just this once! Feel free to skip to the next paragraph. ) Brandon graduated Summa Cun Laude which is the highest honor. Only seven MDiv students received this highest honor! He also received the Pastoral Theology Department’s Pastor-Teacher award and was named in the Who’s Who among students in American universities and colleges. Besides academic success he has faithfully served at our church working with the small groups ministry and with the youth. On top of all of the above Brandon has taken time and energy to devote to our family/marriage. We heard so many stories coming into seminary about couples who leave seminary with major marital strain. Brandon has always made sure to include me and care for me. I feel like we are leaving seminary connecting better than we could have even imagined four years ago! I love you deeply Brandon!
Brandon’s parents, sister and husband, and our dear nephew arrived on Thursday night and my parents came on Friday. Besides attending events on campus we had so much fun talking, laughing, playing games, eating, eating, and eating! We celebrated with a tasty BBQ on Saturday after commencement. The family I nanny for joined us for the special event. We flew a kite and enjoyed the super windy spring day. Since pictures say a thousand words I will create another entry of photos.
Many of you prayed us through this phase of life. Thank you all so much!!!!

No comments: