Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CDYC 2009!!!! God is faithful!!!

Yes, I have been away from my computer, but for good reason!!! I have been at CDYC 2009! Our church's senior high youth group takes about 100 youth and we join several other youth groups for an amazing retreat/camp thing. It is 5 intense days of prayer, praise, worship, study, sports, arts, food, fun etc. God did some WONDERFUL things in the lives of the students from our church. I was blown away. Because I need to protect the identity of the students, I can't say too much, but I saw: wounds healed, friendships restored, faith commitments and recommitments made, chains broken, hearts humbled... Friends, I saw things that honestly I didn't have enough faith to believe could happen. Pray for these dear youth now as they leave the cozy Christian bubble and go home to broken families, horrible "friends", addictions etc. It is easy to be in awe on the Mountain, pray that they would not be infatuated with God when it is convenient, but that they would realize the beauty of a lifelong love affair with their Creator!!!!

No comments: