Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back to reality...

We left our lovely townhouse on July 15th and have enjoyed a wonderful family filled vacation, but tomorrow we are heading home! Sadly, as of 10:53 CST we have heard nothing about any possible home offers. A couple of days ago we thought someone was very interested, but now we hear nothing. Friends, I am still praying that we will get a realistic offer before next Saturday when we are scheduled to move. As it stands we are going to leave our furniture in the townhouse (for staging) and move our "stuff" to the parsonage. Oh how joyous it would be to move everything at one time!!!! Yes, it would not be the end of the world to move twice, but I feel compelled to lay my requests before the Lord and before all of you and wait in expectation!
Our week at home will consist of two days of work/sermon prep. and two days of packing/loading the U-haul. I don't think I will have any computer access during that time. After we move we will be quite busy for a pretty long stretch so I may not be able to update any of you for quite a while. I have much to share about our time with families and many photos to share as well. I have also done some productive reading and movie watching (yes, movies can be productive) and I am excited to share about them as well. Stay tuned for more of that plus before and after painting shots in the weeks to come!
We are so excited to begin our next chapter of life in "the parsonage." There is much ministry beyond the parsonage, but since I will not be referring to the church name or community name "the parsonage" represents much more! Thank you all for your thoughtful prayers for Brandon over the years! God has been more than faithful!

No comments: