Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Favorites... movie and book #2

Almost every book I have read in 2009 has related directly to our future family, specifically talking about adoption! Well, I received for the "Duggar Book" 20 and Counting for my birthday. I really enjoyed reading about the history of the family and how their larger than average family works. I think Michelle is a super mom and I hope to apply many of the principles of this book to our future family. The Duggar's TV show "18 Kids and Counting" is great as well. I received the first season "17 kids..." for my birthday and really appreciate watching a family on TV I can relate too. If you have not heard of this family. They love the Lord and they love children! Their shows run on TLC!

I really appreciate good movies. Many of you will remember how excited I was about "Fireproof"... well this summer my new favorite is "Faith Like Potatoes." It is a very well done movie which takes place in South Africa. It is so faith stretching and inspiring. I believe that my faith grew from watching this movie and the real life story of the main character (included on the DVD). I want to tell you all about it, but I would rather have you just watch it for yourself! I HIGHLY recommend watching this movie on your next date night or movie night. Make sure to save time for the extras, and as always, get your popcorn on the stove ready!!!

No comments: