Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling thankful!

I just updated my facebook status about my thankfulness and decided to share some ways I am thankful today with each of you!
1. We continue to have great weather here. I am really liking fall a lot more than summer mainly because it is oddly warmer now than it was in August!
2. I went on a walk with a lovely woman from church this morning and set up another walk date for next week. I am also going on the women's retreat this weekend. Please keep praying for a couple of really good connections!
3. Our air ducts were cleaned this morning! We found out that they were not quite as disgusting as we thought. I guess that since our carpet had never been cleaned the fibers were settling after the cleaning and that it why it seemed sooooo dusty. I asked the cleaning guy if I was crazy for wanting it cleaned and he said he thought it was a great idea. He showed me what came out of the ducts and I thought it was plenty disgusting!!!
4. Two blogging friends have had BIG days. One announced pregnancy and one had a offer accepted on a house. God is so faithful!
5. Yesterday was a massive laundry day and now my dirty piles are so tiny - great feeling!
6. I had a late night talk with my best girlfriend last night! Great conversation, great therapy!
7. Brandon has no meetings tonight! Looking forward to tasty dinner and some time together!
8. The past few days we have mourned with a family from church on a death in their family. I am thankful for Brandon's strength and pastoral heart through it all and for the dear family who became dear friends. I am also thankful that we do not grieve as those who have no hope! We know that M is in heaven now!!
9. We have received tons of information from the adoption agency we plan to use. There is A LOT to be done, but I am truly excited for it!
10. I am also thankful for many exciting things coming up. I have never liked the fall, but this year there is joy!!!
11. I am thankful for my Bible and the wonderful time I had reading James this morning!
So you see... in the midst of transition and messes there is much to be thankful for.

No comments: