Monday, October 19, 2009

Highlights from my solo trip home...

I admit... it is hard to stay caught up on the blog so I am hitting rewind in my mind and will try to relay the highlights!
On September 22nd I got up early to call my dad and wish him a Happy Birthday before he went to work. After the phone call I packed like crazy and began my road trip to surprise dad for his Birthday! I got to my parents house shortly after 5:00 and my dad was indeed surprised! It was so much fun to celebrate with him and with family and friends! While at my parents I had the opportunity to visit with a GREAT high school friend Jessi! We had such a super time chatting and eating wonderful Mexican food (four bowls of salsa for me). We had so much fun that we decided to go t our hometown football game that Friday night. It was strange to think that the football players were in 1st grade or younger when I graduated... yikes!
with my dad and brother Bret
Happy 60th Birthday DAD!!!!!

The next leg of the journey included a trip to Nikky's new home. In case you have forgotten, Nikky is my amazing friend who stripped wallpaper with us when we moved to the parsonage! It was payback time!!! Actually, I had a blast with Nikky at her new home. We are beyond productive when we get together! We got LOTS of paints, cleaning, purchasing, hanging, unpacking, assembling, etc. done during my time there. I also got to attend her wonderful church, her great care group, and visit her awesome classroom! It is always a blessing to be with my dear sister in Christ!
The last leg of the journey was a day with Emily! Emily is a dear friend from high school who lives somewhat near Nikky. Emily was in a terrible car accident just days after we graduated from high school. The road for her has been long and full of challenges, but through it all she seems to have joy and a great heart for the LORD! I was able to see her family's newspaper, her home, and go to lunch with Emily and her wonderful parents! While traveling from the business to the home Emily and I jammed to Chris Tomlin! What a gift to sing with Emily again!

Shelly and Emily... ten years after high school... we haven't aged at all... right???


It was so special to come "home" to the parsonage. It sort of actually felt like home, which is pretty good I would say! It was awesome to see Brandon and to be together again as our little family. Sadly, I had such a bad cold and cough that I was most likely mildly repulsive, but Brandon still gave me a hug!!!
*Sorry there are not more photos... I admit... I never remember to take any so I must steal from responsible friends and family! If I am blessed with more photos I will pass them on to you all!

No comments: