Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowstorm Eve!

We COULD be on the eve of a big snowstorm and I must admit, I become a little girl as I think about the possible snowfall amounts. When our Christmas tree is up I am a HUGE snow fan but ... once February comes around I am pretty ready for spring! So, this house is (over) prepared for a big storm! I went to the store surrounded by women more than twice my age also preparing for the storm! The sweet girl at the check-out most likely engaged in "weather chat" her entire shift, but continued to smile and laugh!
I could work on adoption stuff all storm long... but that is doubtful. Our guest bedroom has transformed into the adoption headquarters for a while. Being the (crazy) organized woman that I am, tables have been set up with place cards on them for each of the 22 document types. I told Brandon I "CSIed" the guestroom. He was unaware that CSIed was a verb. I guess he learned something new :) This way I will not lose anything and can update sticky notes on each stack to track the progress of the dossier. I know, I know, just call me Monk! A bit of info for those of you not in the adoption world - dossier is pronounced dos-ee-ay. It is a huge packet of all our paperwork that is sent to our agency and then to Ethiopia. It contains almost everything about us and our life written on paper, authenticated, and notarized. Once our Dossier is sent to Ethiopia (DTE) we will officially have graduated from "paperchasing" and become "paper pregnant". I think the paper work we generate weighs about then same as a pregnancy, and if I strapped it to myself, I would look quite pregnant. Luckily I don't have to carry it but can send it! We have our Dr. visits on Friday and our final home study visit on Saturday so we are hoping to get this lovely collection of documents in the mail before Christmas!
So, if I am not working on adoption stuff as I weather the storm... what will I be doing? I plan to take many adoption breaks to bake something tasty, (or maybe two somethings) cook Grandma's amazing beef stew, call Grandma to get her recipe for amazing beef stew, wrap Christmas presents, listen to festive music, shovel (or not), watch a Christmas movie, read (adoption) books... and most likely work on the dossier (just a tiny bit).
Thank you all for your prayers for our little family during this time! We have seen God's hand at work throughout this process. His protection and provision are so evident. We can't wait to bring home our baby sour patch kid. ( funny... right?)
This is such a blessed time of year as we anticipate the celebration of Christ's birth! This year I was thinking about ways to remember that it is His Birthday! He is the greatest gift! Our gifts to others should also be gifts to Him! Our gifts to others should be nothing compared to our gifts to Him... really our gifts to others should be the party favors...
OK, thanks for letting me take a (procrastination) break to update you on our possible HUGE snowstorm, our excitingly HUGE adoption journey, and our certainly HUGE Savior!

No comments: