Thursday, January 14, 2010

Choosing Thankfulness!!!

This morning I have much to be thankful for. The first two could be seen as unpleasant, but I am choosing Thankfulness!
~Last night I came home from AWANA to discover our house was a bit chilly. I checked out the thermostat and soon realized our furnace was not working. We woke up to a VERY cold house today... why be thankful??? We were home when it happened! If it had been two weeks ago we would have been far away and pipes could have frozen causing major damage. Why else? It is actually warm outside (above zero at NIGHT) right now so the house didn't get THAT cold! Why else? A wonderful professional who happens to go to our church came this morning and fixed it in less than 10 minutes! The house isn't totally cozy yet, but my feet are starting to thaw!

~ A family who is using our agency got a referral today! They were DTE on April 20th 2009!!! We are still not DTE (still praying those two documents to the agency SOON) so why would we be thankful?? Things are moving along! There is one big list and referrals now will help us later! Why else? We know there are many babies in the care facilities now and referrals have been slow due to an HIV testing solution which is hard to come by. Each referral is a gift the the family and for the child... and we rejoice! Why else? When doing the math it seems there could still be a miracle and we could travel in late 2010 or early 2011!

~I am soo thankful for my time reading God's Word today (Well I am everyday). I read John 5. Why am I reading John 5? Our youth ministry was blessed to attend a District youth conference last weekend and we were challenged to read John 1 the final day and then to read one chapter each day for 21 days! It is exciting to be reading the same thing as the families in our church, but also to know that 3,300 other families in our state are also reading this chapter today! John 5:24 has always been one of my favorite verses! I praise God for those in our youth group (THREE) who crossed over from death to LIFE this weekend!
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life, and will not be condemned for he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

No comments: