Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry (Ganna) Ethiopian Christmas!!!

January 7th is Christmas day in Ethiopia! What a blessing it is to be able to celebrate Christmas twice! American Christmas day was filled with a church service and pouring rain... Ethiopian Christmas day was filled with SNOW!!!! It has been snowing since I woke up! We could get a foot of beautiful white snow! I have watch a Christmas movie, watched beautiful snow fall, enjoyed the sight of our Christmas decorations guilt free as it really is just Christmas day... I am not behind in taking them down at all! I also cooked two soups from scratch (split pea and spicy corn chowder/tortilla), shoveled snow, played games with my wonderful husband, and now taking a bit of time to blog... there is a football game going on. I will join him later, but I really don't know much about either of the teams, so I decided I could sneak away for a little blog time. Hopefully I will be able to post some photos of our American Christmas 2009! We didn't take any of Ganna, but maybe next year :)

No comments: