Sunday, March 21, 2010

Guess what? I have an African restaurant in my town and ...

everything in it is gluten free!!!!!! I am still in awe of this friends and family! Some of you don't know me or where I live or my food restrictions, but this is a sheer miracle and confirmation number 1238672563270 (I picked this number randomly in case you couldn't tell) that we are in the place we are supposed to be!
So, I used to live near the City (like one of the big three) but we moved last August to a smallish town in a state known for something that doesn't agree with my body :) A couple of months after moving here we noticed that our small town has an African restaurant. We were excited about this and the possibilities it presents for our future family. I was skeptical about actually eating anything more than rice during a visit due to all of my food limitations. Well, some friends from church recently informed me that the whole kitchen is totally gluten free and this fact is advertised on their menu and they have a very good understanding of Celiac disease so I totally believe them :) I have an email in to them right now to find out about dairy and sugar to really put a cherry on top of this discovery, but I am excited that there will be something I can eat!!!!
The restaurant is closed on Monday, but we will be checking it out this week. I will post a review and photos if I remember to take them!
*******
Update: The owner wrote back to me this morning and informed me that the restaurant is totally dairy free as well. They also do not cook with sugars so it is totally Shelly safe! I may never cook again :)

No comments: