Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am a groupie

...a Yahoo groupie that is!
I am a huge Yahoo group fan! I enjoy being a part of our agencies group, a group for adoptive families in my area, a Christian Ethiopian adoptive family group, an adoption attachment group. I am learning from each of them, but this group is a little different. I joined a group I really have no business being in, but I want to learn... and so I joined "Homeschool adoptive families: This group was started to fill the needs of Christian parents who are homeschooling their internationally adopted children." It is a lovely group of Christian moms filled with insight... note... I said moms :) Hopefully they won't mind my gleaning of information for half of a decade while contributing nothing!
*Normally I would "draft" this post because some might see it as"coming out" and a life time commitment to homeschool and only homeschool. Since I have not yet home-diapered, or home-fed, or home-slept, with my child(ren) I think it is a bit early to profess our schooling choices for our children forever. Like I said, I would have drafted this post... but after my last post I am putting it out there for all to see :)
**I mentioned this group because many of my blogging friends are "homeschooling their internationally adopted children."

No comments: