Monday, May 24, 2010

the adoption, the exciting, and the totally random

Yes, it has been a while with no posts... Yes, I have been promising photos in several of the last posts and they are still on the camera. I do have good news about the photos. The card is now full which means we should be removing the photos from the camera in the near to nearish future!

The reason for the lack of updates is honestly lack of exciting news to post. Our agency had that great week of referrals FIVE weeks ago, and since then, it has pretty much been silence! I do go to bed most days truly wondering if I will really ever be a mom! I have to remind myself often that God will lead us to our children in His time! I am currently reading Job and finding great treasure in it!

We have friends going through a really challenging time in their journey to their sweet Baby-M. Please pray for him and them whenever you think of us! The situation is intense so we need to storm heaven like crazy for this little guy and his amazing family!

I was able to email back and forth with the woman who is in charge of special needs adoptions and was very encouraged by our interaction. She said there are frequently children who come into care that have specific needs that no one has listed on their dossier and then can possibly become available. I explained our situation and I am excited to see where that could possibly lead at some point.

Random or exciting things someone might be interested in:
~ I got out my dolls and Barbies recently and they all smell! Yuck! I am really glad I did this now so everything can get a bath. It would have been pretty sad to have some little girls over and offer them my stinky toys!
~We cleared away the brush from next to our garage and found a rotting pile of wood and a dead rabbit! FUN!! Luckily I was weeding in another part of the yard and got to hear about the rabbit after it was disposed of!
~Brandon's second wedding had two interesting events. The bestman passed out and the taper candles fell (while lit) and one landed inches from the brides dress. I was so nervous I closed my eyes! Helpful, I know!
~We had an all church spring cleaning/yard work day and it was SO encouraging, fun, and PRODUCTIVE! The church looks great inside and out!
~The smoked turkey sausage from Trader Joe's is super tasty! Yum, I could go for some right now!
~I made rhubarb bars that are Shelly friendly and they tasted great! Yes, the whole pan that I ate in 24 hours tasted great! It was a small pan,OK. Well, it wasn't that small, but it was essentially rhubarb and eggs so it was more of a meal than a dessert, right?
~I went on a walk this morning without cotton in my ears. I am wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and feel very comfortable! YAHOO! Summer is here!
~We are having family come this weekend! So excited for the special time together!
~3 of my 5 Bible Studies are ending this week, so I might actually get somewhere with the VHS tapes some day soon.
~I know I should write an adoption update letter to friends and family. It may happen soon, but I am not sure what to say because basically, we are still waiting and the end isn't in sight! Please pray! :)
~Typing the above comment on rhubarb bars reminds me that I still have rhubarb to use up... hmm maybe I should make another batch AFTER I go on another walk!
~I have started wearing my pedometer again and actually meeting my 10,000 step a day goal!
~Hopefully a photo post will be up shortly!

No comments: