Sunday, May 9, 2010

When there is pain in the offering...

Blessed Be Your Name!
For the last several years this day (Mother's Day) has been very hard day for me. Honestly, the past few years have been so challenging that I didn't go to church, didn't read any of the days news, watch TV or check Facebook. I went to church this year to support my wonderful husband. It was hard, but because Brandon recognizes that this is a day of joy and a day of sorrow he did a super job of honoring moms, but keeping God the main thing! He also recognized through prayer, the hurt of many who have had miscarriages, infertility, loss of a child, loss of a mother, or a strained relationship with their mother.
I think many people assume that now that we are on the adoption journey things are easier for me again. This is so not the case! Now my heart just breaks deeper as I imagine our little ones around the world in wombs or in orphanages and I imagine each child's tummy mommy and the sacrifice she is making for the child we will love together! Oh the emotions!
Today, I think of those around me who are struggling with raw and fresh emotions over recent miscarriages and in the thick of the infertility roller-coaster! Friends, if you are reading this, please know that Jesus is so near to you in your sadness today and our prayers are with you!
I must end this post by saying that I am SO blessed with a wonderful mother who is a dear friend to me. I love you mom! I also have the added blessing of a second mom (Brandon's mom) who is GREAT! Brandon and I both still have the joy of having both of our grandma's with us, so we feel very blessed on this Mother's Day as we reflect on all of the special women who have given us love through the years!
Remember in all things dear friends... Blessed be the Name of the LORD!

No comments: