Saturday, July 31, 2010

29 for the first time




Five years ago on my 24th Birthday


Yesterday at age 29... I don't look older... right? ;)


I turned 29 yesterday. No, I am not a forty-five year old trying to pretend I am yet again turning 29... I actually turned 29 for the first time. I had a great day, even if it started with a few tears. Yes, I admit, I shed a few tears. I guess I just imagined I would be a mom by age 29 so there were a few sad moments, but the rest of the day was so great!

Birthday 2010 highlights:
Friday is Brandon's day off so we were able to spend the whole day together! Brandon hid my gifts around the house and wrote special notes for each one. It was so much fun to hunt for them! I was especially excited about the Bananagrams game. We played 4 times yesterday and I was able to win one time!

After lunch we went to our county fair. It was so much fun to see the crafts, animals etc. We didn't ride rides, eat food, or play games, but I felt a new connection to our county and left thinking that 4-H is a really cool thing!

We ate an early dinner of steaks and sweetcorn! YUM!

Last night instead of having our small group Bible Study we had a fun night and played games and ate A LOT of tasty food! Pico, Guac, Hummus etc. So yummy and so Shelly friendly! Don't worry, there was a host of chocolate sugary treats for others to enjoy! We played Apples to Apples and laughed... a lot. It was a good workout after all the food!

Throughout the day it was easy to reflect on how blessed I really am! Sometimes it is easy for worry and doubt to fill my mind, but I am truly so so blessed!

What will the next year bring?? My prayer of course is a crying baby, dirty diapers, sleepless nights, sticky floors, smiles, hugs, cooing, book reading and so on... but only God who sees the whole picture knows what this 29th year has in store. I know that year 28 was great and filled with His fingerprints! I must surrender each day to the bigger picture I can't see!

No comments: