Thursday, August 5, 2010

I forgot to mention the frog in the bed...

This is Froggy! Froggy sleeps with us! No, I have not gone mad and started an adult stuffed animal collection. Froggy will be part of the Welcome bag we will one day send to our little one. What is a welcome bag? Well, when we receive a referral we will have to opportunity to send our child a ziplock bag with a few items, photos, and outfit. I have known for a long time I wanted to send one of these stuffed animal, blanket, rattle all in one things. I also wanted to find one with God's word on it to cover our child. Froggy proclaims, "My heart leaps for joy and I give thanks to the Lord in song." Psalm 28:7

So why are we sleeping with Froggy? We are loving on Froggy until we receive the referral call. We want Froggy to smell just like us (for better or worse :) so that our little one will cuddle with Froggy and breathe in our smell. When we get to meet, our scent will be a comfort to sweet Baby. We also feel closer to sweet Baby just having something special that represents the fact that we are on the journey.

Sadly, I forgot to by Froggy number 2. Twins? No, we are not expecting to adopt twins as that is VERY rare, but we are going to sleep with Froggy the 2nd once Froggy is sent to Ethiopia. Generally the gifts sent to the children stay in the care center for other children to enjoy and we realized that if Froggy was a comfort item, Froggy will be missed and a replacement will be necessary. I learned I can order him on-line but shipping is 7.50- Yikes! Maybe I will wait a while and then purchase a larger order from this cool site.

A Brandon and Froggy story: I don't talk to much on here about my wonderful husband, well other than saying he is wonderful. Tonight I got home from Bible Study after Brandon was already in bed. Brandon was reading in bed, and Froggy was sitting next to him on top of my pillow reading a special board book! How sweet! My heart was leaping for joy!!! We are so excited to meet this child who will one day snuggle with Froggy!

No comments: