Thursday, September 30, 2010

What is for supper in September? Day 13: Trader Joe’s Night

*I promised you I would catch up on the meals sometime. Well, it is the last day of September, so look for 18 or more posts from me today! Uffda!!!

*These meals were not exactly eaten the days they are featured... I can’t remember what I made each night. We also didn’t eat them all this month as we actually did quite a bit of grilling.

This is a favorite meal at our home and literally the only thing I make that is this simple “out of the bag” style. This is great on shopping day since I am usually in a hurry.

Trader Joe’s Night (Sausage stir-fry with edamame)
-1 package of Edamame (we like the ones still in shells)
-1 package Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions
-1 Smoked Fresh Turkey Kielbasa
-2 Sweet potatoes (could be purchased anywhere)
-San J Tamari sauce (not usually found at Trader Joe’s)

Bake sweet potatoes for one hour at 400 (more or less depending on size)
Empty edamame into saucepan with a little water. Bring to boil and then simmer.
Cut the kielbasa into little circles and stirfry with the peppers and onions
Add soy sauce to taste!

No comments: