Thursday, September 30, 2010

What is for supper in September? Day 14 Crock Pot Roast Beef

This meal is my standard meal to take to new moms. I think I made it monthly at our last church during a baby boom!

Crock Pot Roast Beef
1 large roast (you choose the cut)
1 pound of carrots peeled and cut into slices
8 med to large potatoes cut into quarters
minced onion, salt, and pepper to taste

In the morning: place the roast and a full glass of water in the crock pot with desired seasonings.
Set crock pot on high
At noon or 1:00pm add potatoes and carrots and water if needed and turn to low
If eating after 6:00pm make sure to turn to keep warm

This tasty meal can be stretched by saving all the water (now broth) and thickening it for gravy in the future or for left overs. I always freeze my broth for beef stock as needed.

No comments: