Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What is for supper in September? Day 7: Chicken Masala

I am trying this meal for the first time tonight. I will let you know how it turned out. I am sort of modifying another recipe to make it so we will see how it turns out :)

*note after dinner* It turned out great! I put in 6 tomatoes and measured (shocking I know) 3T of the spice to put in with the coconut milk. I used one can of reduced fat milk and one can of all on fat :) which made it extra creamy!
Chicken Masala and rice (super easy version)

~1 Large Split Chicken Breast
~1 box of Badshah Chicken Masala seasoning mix (it costs about 1.29 at an Indian Market/Ethnic food store and is cheaper and so much easier than using all the spices. I would say most people could get through 4 meals on one box (maybe more) I think we will use about 1/3 box (wrong I used 4 T total)
~2 cans coconut milk
~4-6 (whatever you desire) fresh tomatoes - you could use canned diced tomatoes or even crushed here.


~Remove skin from chicken breast
~Boil chicken in water (plenty) for 40 minutes depending on size of breast and if frozen
~ Season chicken with mix while boiling (1T)
~Once cooked, de-done chicken and shred the meat
~Return meat to pan
~Add tomato chunks and coconut milk
~Add as much seasoning as desired. I am going to try starting with 3T tonight.
~Serve over rice

No comments: