Monday, October 11, 2010

Time passes so quickly... time is standing still... adoption update!


Celebrating our Referral of Baby M with a candlelight dinner!

Most days I feel like I blink and it is bedtime! Our fall schedule is so packed that the days fly by! This has really helped the last month since our referral of Baby M go by very quickly... THEN AGAIN...

sometimes it seems like Baby M is growing up so fast and we are missing it! Today we were blessed by photos and video of Baby M. Oh the videos are amazing! I just keep saying over and over as I watch them, "there is my son" but the thing is... THERE is my son... not here! I just want to jump on a plane and never leave his crib (yes, I know that I can't do that and yes, I am a rule follower and would never really do that).



Brandon and I signing our acceptance papers before a notary!

Baby-M update and general update:

-Baby M is now 14 months old! I keep wondering how old he will be when we meet him and how old he will be when he comes home!
-He is most likely currently wearing 9 month clothing. I am not sure if this means he will be in 12 month when he gets home or still in 9 month.
- Our case was submitted to court! We don't know the exact date (though hope to find out this week) but are thankful that we are "in line" for a court date!
-Our agency said that we would learn of a court date by the end of the month, though we are going to give a little grace on this and recognize it could still be a month from now before we hear of a date!
-When will the court date be? Great question! Sometimes families receive a court date 2 months away or sometimes less than 3 weeks away! We are praying for one trip before Christmas!
-Baby M's welcome bag should be arriving in ET in about a week. When he receives it we will get a photo of him in his new gear, and hopefully hugging Froggy!
-We learned that the way we have said Baby M's name is different than the way the nannies say it. Yet another thing to figure out! We are still TOTALLY up in the air in the name department!
- In the video Baby M is out of the Bumbo which is a HUGE PRAISE!!!! Baby M has spent a lot of time in the Bumbo seat. This is something that a few years ago I would have been pumped about as I thought they were so cool, but I now know that they do nothing for posture or back and tummy muscles and when your 14 month old can't sit, you want him in positions that stimulate his muscles. Anyway, he was on his tummy in the videos and photos. We saw him roll to his left side and on to his back. He was also putting much weight on his arms and almost seemed to put some weight on his legs as well! We are praying that we get to see him sit on our court trip!

There is so much else I want to say! We are so in awe of God's hand in our lives right now! We feel so blessed to be in this wonderful place and part of such a wonderful church! I wish I could say more, but know that we are thankful!

We appreciate your prayers for our son and also for my grandma F. Some of you know that my grandma has been dealing with some scary medical stuff! She seems to be having good and bad days! She is an amazing woman and we are praying that the medicine would start to work well with her body. It is sad when the very thing that can heal you does scary things!

Grandma and I at a family reunion Summer 2008


Our house: Our yellow house is now red!!! It looks great! We are excited to landscape in the spring, but we think the improvement in every area is amazing!



One final note: Our agency is dealing with an interesting situation right now. They have many waiting young children. Many boys who are between 4 and 6 years old. They are healthy, beautiful, young, and need forever families so badly. Please pray for these sweet children and the millions they represent all over the world who yearn for a mother's embrace and a father's encouraging word!

No comments: