Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Court try #2 is tomorrow!!

Actually, court will be happening tonight while America sleeps. That is right, America will be sleeping and Shelly will be wide awake! I just can't believe that we will or will not officially become parents while we sleep tonight. Please, please, please, say a prayer for us as you go to bed tonight. If you happen to be up in the night, say another prayer. Note: even if we don't pass court, we will eventually become parents, it just means we have another court date and a longer wait to bring M home.

We won't get to find out the news right as it happens. We have to wait until we get an email from our agency, which is in the west coast. The agency opens at 11:00am our time. I will most likely give them until 1:00 to send an email. If I have not heard anything by that point I will call them. If they don't know by the end of the day, we have been given permission to call Ethiopia since the agency isn't open the rest of the week. Of course by that time it will be the middle of the night in Ethiopia so we will have to wait until almost mid-night to call and hear the good or bad news. I will post on here as soon as we know something!

We have received updates from Americans in Ethiopia that Baby M is doing so much better. Thank you all for your prayers. We also got word that he started saying a new word, "momma" :) Seriously, the little guy waits until I leave to learn that word... oh well, as long as he connects it to me when he sees me I will be fine!

We are both still fighting a cold bug, but I think we are on the mend. We have had no tummy problems since Ethiopia so we are rejoicing greatly in that! We are very excited to be celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends. What a special season! I am looking forward to decorating for Christmas this Sunday!

How are we doing emotionally?
Well, I can go through the motions really well! We had a funeral today and I was able to serve and help and not get emotional at all. Then at night, when M's bed is empty my heart gets heavy. Thank you for all of your prayers for sustaining grace in this. As much as special Christmas things will make the time go by quickly, they will also cause the heart to ache as we watch other children having fun and think about the fun that M would have with them. We continue to cling to Jesus, who is so very near to the broken-hearted. He is always with me, but something about this time makes me depend on Him more and makes my relationship with Him especially sweet. He truly is the giver of every good gift. We will officially become parents in God's perfect time. We are praying that is tonight and trusting our Great God who sees the whole picture to answer our prayers in the perfect way that He desires!

No comments: