Friday, November 19, 2010

It was the best of times...

It was the worst of times. We got on a plane November 9th and landed in Ethiopia. We got on a plane November 17th and LEFT OUR SON IN ETHIOPIA. I want to tell you all about our trip, trust me, but after being home 12 hours, all I want to do is get a ticket back to Ethiopia and hold my sweet son!

I know sometimes these entries about travels can be long and boring. Sadly, if you don’t know us well, Ethiopia well, or adoption well, I am pretty sure these entries will be just that. It is so hard to know what to say, and what not to say. It is hard to know where to begin.

First of all, I am SO SO SO in love with my son! He is beyond beautiful. He is adorably silly. He is a babbler (much like I am here sometimes:) He does NOT like to smile for photos or laugh for the camera. Seriously, now I know why he always has a “deer in the headlights” look in snapfish albums. This kid does not like the camera. We have almost no good photos of him. We do have some good video of him as we had people sneak up on him with the camera. All I can say is, whatever footage you get to see of him before he come home, know that he is a million times more amazing in person.

We are so blessed by the families we traveled with and those we met in Ethiopia! We met many “famous” families in our agency! It was amazing!

As a disclaimer: I am writing everything post trip. I fully recognize that I flip flop tenses throughout. I am sorry. I better write quickly so I can blame the jet-lag for all errors. Also, I started writing this in the middle of the night since I woke up at 1:30 am wide awake! The most recent entry will be at the top of the screen, so scroll all the way down to the one entitled “November 9-10” and then work your way up.

After writing everything note from Shelly: I am sorry if all of these entries have been boring, but many of you asked for details, and this is surely the long version of the story. I realized that for better or worse I have been working on this for MANY hours. The day today is gray and my body is telling me it is bedtime! I guess since I have been up for over 12 hours, I should start getting productive!

One more note: Sweet M is doing much better. I received an email from two women in ET who said he is improving!

No comments: