Thursday, February 3, 2011

Milk Delivery

( there are supposed and the to be photos in this post and the ones which will follow, but blogger is not working... just imagine a freezer full of milk :)

Our son loves to drink milk! We have been SO blessed to give him real “momma milk” from the sister of a dear friend. His milk momma actually had a child stay in the NICU so for those of you out there who are worried about this, her milk has been tested!

When we arrived home from Ethiopia we had quite a sight in our freezers. We thought some milk might be delivered while we were traveling and arranged for that to happen. The amount of milk shocked us. We realized that our 2 freezers were so full that weights had to be put on them to hold them down. All of our food was underneath 100’s of bottles and bags of milk so something had to be done. We got out lots of boxes and started sorting the milk by month. We then moved all the non-milk to one freezer and the upstairs freezer which was quite a task (we buy quarter cows and I was stocked up on everything). We then packed the milk newest on the bottom and it perfectly fit in on 7 cubic foot freezer! Yes, we have an entire freezer of milk!

God is so faithful! As I said earlier, our son loves milk. He drinks (I am not joking) 32oz of breast milk a day. Yes, he also eats three meals. Speaking of meals, he is now eating 40-50% rice cereal mixed with veggies and fruits. He is doing well. He loves veggies and is not a fan of fruits, but I am trying to get him to eat a little because the consistency, color, and smell of the diapers is so much better with a little fruit (I am sorry, I become a mom and suddenly I mention gross things in every post).

When I first saw the milk I didn’t think there was anyway he could drink it all, now I know he can and I know it will be the perfect thing to help his bones get stronger!

I must mention that we also received several bags of milk from other friends too! I sure am blessed with amazing friends!

No comments: