Sunday, March 13, 2011

Has it been two weeks?

I can't believe it has been two weeks since my last post... but it has! It is getting harder and harder to find time to blog. We have now been home 8 weeks! I am totally falling in love with our little man. He really is such a joy and a comedian too!

He is teething... again or still or something. It is intense. He is in so much pain which leads to lots of tears and very little sleep for my little man, and for me. We are talking about 9 hours in a 24 hour period... I struggle to sleep only 7 hours a night, but M seems to think it is enough! Oh well, this is just a phase, and I am trying to be a "time cherisher" not a wisher away ;)

So what have we been up to? Well, the usual of eating, diapers, short naps and more diapers. We have also had Dr. visits with a day full of them tomorrow! We have had lots of play dates with little L and M can even say his name! Brandon's parents came of a long weekend and we had great fun with them. I was a cooking machine when they were here and made and froze meals, cooked meats, and lots of baby food. It felt great to be productive, but I could hear them laughing in the next room and I ached that I couldn't be seeing what they were seeing. I missed him "naying" like a horse and stacking 3 blocks for the first time... It was a good ache that needed to happen. It totally reminded me that no matter how long the days can be, in the winter... alone with M all day... it is SO WORTH IT!

M turned 19 months and some new highlights (besides the horse sound and stacking blocks) are:
~saying many animal sounds
~bouncing on the exercise ball
~turning the walker with ease
~saying many new words all the time
~learning actions to lots of songs! His favorites today are the "wise man/foolish man" song and the "one little duck with the feather in his back" song. SO CUTE!
~doing sit-ups and saying "UP" loudly for each one... also grunting all the way up like an old man!
~writing with pens and pencils
~Eating Larabars! Yes, still super picky, but he likes Larabars... I think we must be related!

OK... time to find photos for a photo post!

No comments: