Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Diaper Liners and Bath Toys

Wow, it is like the more I blog the more I want to blog :) Maybe I will get back in the swing of things after all.

So, I love cloth diapers. It pains me to use paper ones... and it pains M too (feel paper then feel cloth, which would you choose?). Anyway, I am not sure if all of you know the big cloth diaper secret that makes cloth diapers SUPER easy. Disposable Diaper Liners. I know what you are thinking... they are expensive and you have more waste, but this just isn't so. You can wash and re-use the liners MANY TIMES... meaning I have washed some over 30 times and keep reusing them.

What makes them great? Well, the poo falls on the liner and you tip the liner over the toilet and it just falls off... no diaper dunking! I LOVE IT!

Are all liners the same? NO! Real Nappies is the way to go! They others do not pass my test (the use and use and never have to toss test).

The Bonus? If the diaper is really bad, esp if you are in public places (yes, M wears cloth everywhere) you can simply toss or flush the liner and you don't have a wet bag full of poo to come home to! Our family gives them SIX thumbs up!

... bath toys...
We registered and received the sweetest bath toys that squirt water and are oh so fun, right? Well, when Brandon's family was in town his sister said, "I see you have the same problem with bath toys that we do." I had no clue what she was talking about. I did notice in the bath tub there were always little bits of blue or brown fuzz, but I thought it was M's toe lint... SILLY ME... it was actually nasty stuff from inside the bath toys... GROSS!!!! Since they left I was so repulsed with the crab that he had to be tossed. I tried to clean him out about 20 times and more black came out each time! The others are more washable. I have found that I need to pre-fill them with water and squirt it out a few times before the bath then they usually leave the bath water clean. The toys are still super cute, but the nasty stuff inside is just too much for me, so if are wanting clean bath toys you might just want to stick with the foam letters!

No comments: