Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a boy!!

Note: This was written on 10.16.11 and never got posted... opps!

No, this isn't some big announcement about another adoption. Truth be told, if there are any prayer warriors out there who want to pray for us as we seek God's direction for future children that would be awesome. We are at a loss for which country to go with and are hoping for a neon sign soon :)

Back to the title... TODAY marks me “due date” in a sense. 9 months ago today we landed in the US with our son. Yes, he does feel like my son. Yes, some days it is still really really hard to parent my screaming toddler, but my weariness is not mixed with doubts or second guesses. I know he is my son. I am in awe of the attachment process and how right on it was about the whole 9 month thing. You can read about my early reflections on attachment HERE. Seriously, recently as I have been praying about another adoption I have thought things like, “International adoption seems scary” and “could we really adopt?” That is right friends, my mind has forgotten in many ways that M came to our family through adoption. Now, I don't want to confuse you all. Adoption is a huge part of our lives. Ethiopia is a huge part of our lives. We love and celebrate both, but these thoughts come from an attachment perspective and are really amazing actually. Love and attachment were not instant as a fairy tale might depict, but they came and wow it is incredible!

We made it... and it just keeps getting better!

No comments: