Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our first date... Courageous!!!

Yes, it finally happened. Brandon and I went on our very first date. Well, we went on our first date as parents anyway. Brandon’s parents were in town for the weekend. They had been here for a few days and M was getting pretty comfortable with them. We decided to go to a 3:55 showing of the movie Courageous and M did so well. Brandon’s parents actually played outside with him the entire time. They went to the park, walked, and watched Big Trucks and other vehicles on the main street. Since the harbor is closing soon they were even able to see some BIG boats which was quite a thrill for M I am sure. There were points during the movie where I was just totally freaking out that we left him, but we knew we left him with very capable people who really love him so we were able to enjoy the show.

Courageous was SUPER! I was so impressed with both the content and the quality. Some of the previous Sherwood movies were not quite as professional, but it was quite hard to even think that a church produced this movie. Very impressive. As for the story line, I don’t feel like I can really share anything because I don’t want to spoil anything, but what I can recommend is that EVERYONE SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Will I be a little nervous to leave M next time? Yes, of course. I know it will get easier with time, but this was a great first experience... and let me tell you I was almost jumping out of the car while it was moving trying to get to my little man once we got home.

No comments: