Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Olympic Memories!

We are HUGE Olympic fans at our house!  From the parade of nations to the first time I hear the Olympic anthem I am hooked.  I relish all the feel good stories.  I tear up when I see the athletes families.  I cry buckets of tears when they cry during the National Anthem.  I rejoice with them and I cry with them.  My compassion nature kicks in when other teams are behind and I don't like to see anyone get hurt. 

This was M's first Olympics in our home and he really enjoyed it too.  He watched the opening ceremonies and 3 other nights of competition. The late night TV led to awful sleep, but it was temporary.  He enjoyed swimming, beach volleyball, track, and gymnastics.  Gymnastics was his favorite by far. 

Since watching the athletes he likes to pretend to be in the Olympics.  While going down the slide in our yard he tells Brandon and I to pretend to sit on the couch.  Then he directs us to chant U*S*A over and over again.  He slides down with a big smile and throws his hands up in the air at the end of his dismount.  He then bows and smiles as we laugh and cheer! 

While at Brandon's parents he was blowing some really big bubbles (like bigger than a small child) with huge wands.  He was so excited that he yelled, "I in the Olympics."  I think it is safe to say that he will be willing to watch the next games with us in a couple of years! 


This is what neighbors saw when they drove by our house during the Olympics!
This is the inside view.  It was pretty hard to see the flags from outside during the day, but when the lights were on at night it was pretty cool! 

No comments: