Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How to carve a pumpkin:

Ever since our day at the pumpkin patch M was very excited to carve his pumpkin just like the farmer in the book "The Pumpkin Patch Parable." We didn't realize how literal he was about the whole thing until he insisted on getting dressed like a farmer.  I guess he thought his snow pants looked like overalls.  He also insisted on wearing his cap.  Both my farmer grandpas like caps so that warmed my heart.  We had a great night and made special memories as a family.  What a treasure for the three of us.  M was the perfect age to be introduced to this fun activity. 

"Turst," you read the pumpkin book and dress like a farmer.
Do you like my farmer clothes?

Then you draw on the eyes, nose, and mouth.

Daddy cut around the top, now we can lift it off.  I REALLY excited.

I lifted it  off by myself. 

Next we cleaned out the seeds.  Then Daddy carved out the face and I sang songs to entertain him.

Then we put in the candle and lit it.  We could see the face glowing.

I blew out the candle all by myself.

No comments: