Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sweet T's wish list

*Update* Our little sweet T is actually really little!  I just talked with someone who has a daughter the same size.  Her daughter is wearing 3-6 month clothing.  So I guess we need clothes of all sizes.  I am going to plan to take some 6-9 with to China.  We have some 6-9 already.  We have no 3-6... I wonder if I will really need that tiny stuff.  So, if you see a great deal, go for it.  She will wear it sometime.  


Many people have asked me what things we need for Baby T.  Honestly, most of the big stuff and LOTS of little stuff was given to us when M came home.  We were overwhelmed by so many generous hearts and generous showers for our little man.  Luckily we requested a lot of gender neutral items so we are set for our baby girl. 

There are some things that we do know we need to buy for our daughter.  I really don’t feel right about registering this time as we don’t need that much and we are so VERY happy with hand-me downs, clothes from resale shops, etc. that registering for new and expensive clothes is just too hard for this thrifty momma to do.  I went through M’s clothes and found many gender neutral and some not totally neutral, but still fine to wear around the house. Several of these things are very easy for me to purchase, but since those are the sort of things that are on a registry I thought I would include them. 


Clothes:
9-12mo winter
12-18 months summer and winter
winter mittens
Robeez slipper shoes 9-12 mo or 12-18mo size (They were amazing for M)
Bumpkins bib with sleeves (M still uses his every day)
hair pretties, bows, clips, tiny clear rubberbands (all things girly ahh ;)
Kawaii one size pocket diapers (cloth diapers) we are thinking of getting a few girly ones

Big items:
Crib mattress
Floor lamp for behind rocking chair (like M’s)


Other random things:

Night light (2)
Baby wash clothes (large package)
Baby’s First Christmas 2012 ornaments and/or China adoption ornaments (we have so many for M I don’t want T to feel left out)
Target Gift Cards for all the things I am forgetting

Essentials:
Playtex drop-ins 8oz bottle liners key for travel! (the generic work great too)
Diaper wipes (generic are fine we like Up and Up from Target)
Size three diaper for travel and first weeks home before we switch to cloth
Cetaphil cream (body lotion) in the tub
Johnson’s oil and body wash
Johnson’s hand and face wipes (for the airplane)
Suave Smoothers hair product (supposed to be great for Asian hair)

For some reason we have very ample hand-me-downs of the following items:
Snowsuits/coats or any winter gear (besides mittens)
Hoodies and little jackets
Baby toys
Baby gear

No comments: