Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2 days from now 2 years ago

Two day from now we board a place for Ch*na to bring home Sweet T.  Wow!  This is getting real! Two years ago today we came HOME to the US as a family of 3 and M became an American citizen. This is essentially all I was planning on saying in this post when I wrote it in my head a few weeks ago.

Sadly, this date will have an additional memory in the years to come.  On Sunday morning my parents called me to tell me that my dad's dad passed away.  My heart is heavy and honestly still a little in denial that I will never see my grandpa again on this earth.  He was a wonderful grandpa.  He loved to tell stories and jokes.  He would always say, "Shelly, I have to tell you a cute one."  I have so many cherished memories of spending time with him on his farm growing up.  He was an excellent husband to my grandma and a great example of a husband to me.  He helped my grandma in everything he could as long as he could.  While my heart aches for the loss I feel, and even more for my grandma as she lost her partner and best friend, I also rejoice for my grandpa's heavenly promotion.  For those who trust in Christ for salvation death is not the end.  Grandpa suffered with pain for many years.  There is joy knowing that he can walk, run, dance, lift, clench, grab, and move freely.  Grandpa's mind also suffered in the end.  The confusion is now gone.  Joy and sorrow are often so close together.  I will greatly miss my grandpa, but am so thankful for my 31 years of memories with him.

No comments: