Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weary and blessed Day 5

Super T!  She insisted the her bib was a cape at breakfast.  Take a good look at this sweet I love mom shirt because he pooed through it about a minute after this photo was taken!

Brandon's breakfasts here look a little different than at home!


Loving the leg warmers!  Yep, this is a repeat onesie... you read about the poo right?  Well, we only have so many outfits.  Yes, pink and red together... oh well.  She wears it better than I ever could!
Crowd stopper this one!  Seriously, either I am loving her more (which I am) or she is getting cuter ever day... well both I guess! 


So folks that is it with pictures from yesterday.  Yes, we took a few more than those, but they are the ones that turned out.  Yesterday was a COLD and dreary and rainy day here.  It was also a sad and sleepy day.

The day started with a failed skype session with M.  Heartbreaking to not be able to see him.  Luckily he could hear/see us better and we got an email later that he was making faces at T to make her smile.  What a GREAT big brother he will be!  Wow to I miss my little man.  As I type this he is transitioning to his second family of three during our time away.  Praying for you buddy!  Have fun with "the girls."

At breakfast we were blessed to sit with the lovely American woman Lisa and her daughter.  Such a blessing to hear her story and eat with her.  T had a monster nasty diaper.  Yep, she is in competition with M now!  This was a clothes changer, 10 wiper, and mommy got poo on her hands at least 3 times in the process diaper.  T never stops moving her legs and body... so cute except when she is dirty.  Yikes.  Again, girls are so hard to get clean... I will learn and I will be great.. but right now... I will use 10 wipes and have filthy hands!

After a clothes change and a bottle T was ready for a morning nap.  I took that time to clean up the room and scrub stinky clothes.

After nap we went on an adventure to Walmart.  We were so lied to on a weather website and were hit with cold air when we got outside.  We had T bundled of course, but this momma with her sensitive ears was crying, literally, by the time we got to Walmart.  We secured a cup for a friend and a snickers bar for the daddy and went to KFC.  Brandon had a much better experience this time as they had a card where he could point to the items.  Brilliant!

The walk home was much better as I put cotton in my ears before we left the mall.  It is interesting to see people out and about.  There were man playing games of checkers (or something like it) along the street and they were drawing big crowds of male watchers.  Very interesting.  Many venders are selling phones, knives, and food along the walk.  Homeless people are looking for coins.  Kids are playing and laughing.  Parents were loving on their kids.  Seriously, the parents here are so loving and amazing with young children. We are being stared at and smiled at by most people.  It is actually an interesting feeling of obviousness because of our size and nationality and also coziness to be a part of it all.  I am thankful that T was born in a smaller province so that we could experience this feeling.  This small (4 million) city will feel very rural compared to GZ (where we will head on Friday afternoon).

T fell asleep on the way home and refused to sleep once home.  Oh dear.  It was a LOOOONG afternoon and evening for Brandon.  I have never been so sleepy in my life.  I could have fallen asleep standing and walking and maybe even running in place.  So I slept off and on throughout the afternoon and evening.  T finally fell asleep in the late afternoon and then was up until 9:30.  I woke up at about 1:00am this morning.  So yes, I am doing worse with sleeping and not better.  Oh dear.

While I slept T was quite sad.  She still has no teeth, but was sticking everything in her mouth so we think she is teething.  She could have also been overtired.  She also could have been starting the grieving process.  I am not sure which one is right, but I know she was sad.  I also know that my love for Brandon grew by the minute and he lovingly cared for her while I was a lump of half human sleepiness.  He is so great with T and she ADORES him.  She likes me too, but keeps a close eye on daddy whenever I am holding her.  There were times I managed to stay awake yesterday that Brandon was reading or resting.  In those times when Brandon would come back she would light up like crazy.  So sweet.  Oh how I pray she always loves her daddy in this special way! 

Today we go to our daughter's SWI.  It is a 2.5 hour drive each way.  I will take motion sickness meds which make me SUPER tired so I am not sure if tonight's sleep will be any better.  I am determined to do all I can to stay awake while we are in our room.  Even if I have to jump up and down without stopping.  The hard part of things while we are here is the carpet is very dirty and T puts everything in her mouth.  We are forced to play on the bed which is where it all goes down hill!

Oh how I wish we could just wander around the lobby or areas of the hotel, but the smoke is just too intense and so we end up staying put.

As I said earlier, today will be a big day.  I am a ball of nerves as I anticipate all we will see and hear and do.  I have fears about T's reaction to seeing her nanny and home again, but I would forever regret not taking this amazing experience to see where she lived.  I also fear that my gifts are not good enough and that I will do something wrong.  To end on a lighter note, we are going 2.5 hours from civilization so do you know what is coming... yes... I totally fear the squatty potty!

I am sure (if I can stay awake) I will have lots of great stories and photos about our adventures from today to share.  Please know that there might be some stuff that we don't share.  Special stuff that we want to keep to tell T about her story when she is older.  At this point I don't know what that would be, but in case I am vague I wanted to give a warning.

Thanks for your continued prayers for us here and for M at home.  Pray that we will be awake when we need to be and sleep when we need to be.  I REALLY want to appreciate all that we see on the way to the SWI so I want to try to stay awake. 

No comments: