Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fun February Fotos

Our lives have been quite eventful the past few days.  T had a very successful first Dr's visit.  Our Doctor (who is also M's) marveled at how healthy T is.  Besides her "special need" she is totally healthy.  She is 15 percentile height, 5 percentile head circumference, and 0 percentile weight.  She weighs 15.4 pounds and is 28 inches long.  M was thrilled that T decided to "pee on the firetruck" while we were there.  Her diaper was removed for the exam and since she had just had a bottle she needed to go.  The exam table is a firetruck so if you see M soon and he tells you about his sister I am sure you will get a first hand account.

Ch!nese New Year was celebrated here in costume only.  We love doing traditional things from our children's countries, but so early on with T we opted to get the kids dressed up and do a photo shoot.  I am not totally sure, but I wonder if the clothes were injected with some sort of dye causing children to act a little crazy.  They were hilarious, but seriously could not sit still at all.  I have never seen them like this.  The photos are proof.

M invented a game last night that he calls "the adoption game."  He pretends to be alone and "without a family" and wants a social worker to call me and for me to say yes to the referral and to fly on a plane to get him.  We have gotcha day moments over and over again.  Then we adopt T and then he adopts me.  So very special for me to tell him over and over again that I am his mama and that I love him.  That I am not perfect, but that I am thankful he is in my family forever.

M has been telling us lately, "I can see really well in the dark."  We ask him why and he says very seriously, "because I have brown skin."  We then ask him what color skin we have and he usually says, "brown, just like me."  Not sure what that is all about.  One time he did say that we have grey skin.  Grey?  Hmm,  I think we really need summer to get her quickly if my skin is turning grey.

 T has rammed me head to head twice now when I am trying to put her down for a nap.  I have quite a beauty of a bruise near my eye... Can I say that my 11 month old gave me a black eye?  Not sure, but I might use that as a warning to possible suitors MANY years from now.

One more thing and then lots of photos, I promise.  Some of these photos and captions might appear random, but if you see "quotes" around what Mikias "said" they are exact quotes from him when we took the photo.

 With Valentine's Day tomorrow and T's B-day on Saturday I am thinking there will be another photo post again soon. 
Hi everyone, thanks for looking at our blog!

We hope you enjoy our photos!
This is as good as it gets!

I can't stand still for a photo in my new clothes, I must dance!
T: What?  You mean my leg shouldn't  be in the air during photos?  I just feels right mommy. (our best photo of them)

T:  How about if I just use my other leg to play guitar?  (How is her onesie showing... did you see how long this dress is?)

She just crawled right in my lap, and I take care of her.

Monkey See Monkey Do (Seriously they didn't sit  for a tenth of a second... I know they are 0 and 3, but they usually do so well... it was so hilarious)





T:  This is the most fun I have ever had. 

And mommy joining the mix didn't make it better at all.

I am taller than this tower.  I am very powerful.

They were about to kiss... this is just before a major fall and a declaration that M would not be carrying T or "helping" her walk anytime soon.

M - the store owner with attitude.  He beckons guests, but then when we arrive at his drive through he is often sleeping or unable to give us what we want.

Come on summer, I am ready!

"I look like a mail carrier"  (direct quote)

M isn't the only one who likes the basement swing... Daddy and M made a hardware store run tonight so that they can both swing soon. 

Anyone want to join me in my airplane?

Last night with great glee from T and cheering from the fan club T began walking with this push cart thing. 
I will show you how to walk with a cart T. 

It is OK to fall T.  I will fall too!

M was getting undressed for bed, but of course decided he needed to get redressed... backwards head to toe.
Is this the front or the back of my son?  M is hanging up T's favorite Christmas photo... again... He is saying "TG we must leave the photos on the door."  Yes, he decided to start using her middle name last night and today.  I didn't even know he knew it.  It so sweet to hear him say it.
I am good at feeding my baby sister

... and 10 seconds later it was mommy's turn. 
 It isn't all fun and games around here folks.  There is one in our crew who is happy sometimes and very sad other times.  We are filling his love tank in any love language he will accept.  Today it was a sick tray of his favorite special treats while watching Miss Patty Cake.  Can you tell he just wailed for about an hour before this photo was taken?  Thank you all for your prayers as we transition. We pray this this hard season will be short for our little man.

Hmmm... this tray is incredible.

Good job eating sweet girl.

Tonight M decided, finally, that he likes my meatloaf.  He decided to help himself (while totally destroying the look of the whole pan).  While scooping he said, "I'm a big strong man." 

Look at the size of that 4th helping. 

A big brother's work is never done, but these buckles are hard.

No comments: