Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Two months with T!!!!

Two months ago we were in a hotel in Nanchang spending our first night with your daughter (OK actually, they are way ahead of time so we were making her officially part of our family on day 2 by this point).  I can't believe that we have had T with us for two entire months today!  I mean, I really can't believe it.  While the hours and sometimes even the minutes have gone by so slowly, the months have flown by!  I just went back and looked at the blog posts from 1/20/13 and realized how much Sweet T has changed.

She is stronger!  She has great muscle tone.  She can sit on her own.  She can climb.  She can lift.  She can stand unassisted.  She can walk with a push cart.  She can roll over.  She can grasp.  She can crawl, actually, she can speed crawl.

She is weaker!  She no long has as much orphan independence.  She cries when she is hurt or startled.  She likes to and even demands being held.  She reaches up to mommy and daddy.  She quick crawls over to us to be part of our world rather than playing on her own.  She crawls into our laps.  She knows who we are and that she can look to us when things don't go right.

She is softer!  My sweet baby had such rough skin at times I didn't know if it was capable of being smooth.  She feels soft like M now.  Incredible.

She is louder!  She has found a voice and jabbers and sings and copies and laughs.

She is more curious!  While in Nanchang she would literally sit on a bed for a long time and play with the toys in front of her.  That would not happen now!  She would be off that bed in seconds.  She is fast and fearless.  She investigates every garbage can, every speck of dirt on the floor... everything.  Nothing gets past T.

She loves to eat everything!  In Ch*na she ate rice cereal and drank formula.  Here she gladly eats every single thing we offer her as well as anything she happens to find on the floor :)

She is sleepier!  She went to sleep LATE in Nanchang but is now sleeping like a normal 13 month old.  Impressive.  I do believe this is a direct answer to prayer from my YEARS of praying that my next child would be a good sleeper.

She is affectionate!  This is slow in coming.  Little man was a hugging and kissing machine, and T is not there yet, but it seems that she is expressing more affection towards us now.

We have been so blessed these last two months with T.  She is truly a delightful little girl.  She brings smiles to our faces every single day.  We did take some 13 month photos of her on the 16th.  Hopefully I will be able to post them soon.

***update  I can't believe I forgot this one***

She is bigger!  T has gained over a pound maybe close to 2 in the last two months.  I would also guess by the length of her pants on her that she has grown an inch as well.  Her hair is much longer and for brief moments when she forgets it is in, I can clip it out of her eyes.  She came home wearing 3-6month clothes and is now wearing mostly 9-12 month pants!  Wow!  I could wrap my fingers around her midsection and now they are not close to fitting.  Brandon still can so she is still a peanut, but a very much growing peanut!


No comments: