Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend!


I am BACKKKK!!!!  I will be doing several posts in the next several weeks so stay tuned. We have more company coming so I can't promise every day, but I will try.  I decided to do the newest ones first so Memorial Day pictures wouldn't post in mid-June.  I realize this means that M and T will look younger in the following posts than this one, but not by too much.

Brandon's whole family came up for Memorial Day weekend.  Our house swelled from 4 to 10 for a few days and it was wonderful.  To hear the cousins laughing together and see the smiling faces of the grandparents makes the hard work worth it.  I should clarify that having them here wasn't really hard work, but dealing with whiny kids once they left was a bit of a challenge.

We hung out and ate way too much.  We went to the beach, a street fair, and church.  With four young kiddos who all have different sleep schedules, that was plenty to accomplish. 

*The photos are a bit out of order, but after many tries I got frustrated with blogger and called it good.  Seriously, did something change with the way you add photos recently?

T and A meeting for the first time.

The first morning cousins enjoying time at the "construckin site"
T: I love my new tunnel, thanks Nikky (and Camille)!
Family Band Practice!  T was too busy to participate.

You might not be able to tell, but they are all actually happy.

And then things started to fall apart when grandpa Tom ran out of knees to sit on.
 After naps the first full day they were here we headed down to the LAKE to play at the beach.  It was T's first time.  It was quite chilly, but I think we all had fun.  M was not interested in posing for photos with the grandparents, but we managed to get a few when he didn't realize it. 

Adrienne and A hunting for shells at the beach.

Hunting for shells becomes a family project.

T: Throw me up in the air again Daddy!

T: You want me to pose with a shovel?  I would rather just eat the sand.  M: I am not looking at the camera. 

Not exactly the magical photo they were hoping for.

As good as it gets! At least one generation is smiling.

M: Grandma Judy, you should through that stick all the way out to the boat (located about a mile from shore).

M: Why do you want us to throw those little rocks into the water Grandma Judy?

M: I found a rock to throw in Grandpa Tom.

M: Yes, I am sure that this is a good skipping stone.

M: I had to settle for this little guy, but he almost made it to the water.

T: I love the beach!

T: Mommy and I have to protect our fragile ears!

T: I want some sun glasses too!  She will rip them off faster than we can put them one and I can't seem to find the strap ones around... still searching)

T: Hey guys, I am going to throw this stick in!

Here I go towards the lake! (Yes, she would have walked right in)
A backed up view of the aftermath of the above photo.  She almost threw it into the water!

The following day we went downtown to a street fair, or "festival" as M called it. He has been talking about the dog in costume for weeks and finally we got to see it...

T:  Come a little closer dog, I want to pet you and lick you!  M:  Daddy, lets get out of here NOW!  (Later, M made daddy go back to find out if the dog was a boy or girl)
A and M got to go inside a real firetruck!

M:  I bet the people think we are really fire fighters.
M:  Which seat should I choose?
After wanting to jump in the bounce house SO BADLY the boys got a little shy with the big kids around.  M had a hard time standing up.

M: A, this isn't fun.  I think we should get out.  A minute later we recruited a big kid to carry M out and A followed behind him.

M:  I will race you home Grandpa Tom.

M and A:  We are great big brothers!  (A is hiding behind sister A)

Sweet cuddles with Aunt Adrienne!  The kids love her.  T warmed up to her so very quickly. 

T: Hi there!  (Isn't she stunning?)

T: I could climb on this box all night (and she did).  T: Everyone check out my Kawaii diaper.  Posh, isn't it?

T: I am so glad you are my cousin A!

T: No way, I am 15 months old... get out of here!  (Actually T, you have been 15 months for about a week.  Sorry that we forgot to take your photo on the right day)

T: Yes, folks this is what it takes to get me to smile... hey I am only 15 months old.

No comments: