Thursday, May 30, 2013

Oh, how I love Monday mornings!


No Sarcasm, seriously!  I know the general public is not a fan of Monday mornings.  I get that.  I respect that, but the fact is, I love them!  My love for them has a couple of facets.  I know every adoptive mama has a soft spot in her heart for Mondays.  With adoption agencies closed over the weekend, Mondays always bring hope of new news.  We are not currently in the midst of an adoption process. This does not mean I do not look at waiting child profiles every day occasionally, but I digress.

Brandon's day off is Monday.  It is delightful!  It is such a blessing to have a family day, and selfishly to have some "Shelly time" every once in a while.  To clarify, "Shelly time" before kids was me watching movies and filing my nails if I felt productive.  Now, "Shelly time" is usually cleaning, prepping dinner without kids, chopping up fruit and veggies etc.  BUT in the summer, "Shelly time" gets so much better!

We have a Burley Cart.  It is incredible.  I love it.  It is my standby stroller in cold weather, but the real reason we got it was for Daddy/kiddo bike trips. Brandon took M every week last summer and this year he has started to that T and M.  Oh friends, it is incredible.  This weary mama cozies up on the couch with coffee (OK 1/2 coffee and 1/2 almond milk) and her Bible and treasures time with Jesus and a cozy beverage.  Then I do get ready and prep dinner etc, but cooking alone is like therapy for me too!  Brandon gets a great work out and the kids love the bike trips.  I heard M yelling, "Yahoo! Daddy this is amazing" when they left last time.  It is a rare thing to find something that fills every person's love tank at one time. 

Brandon bikes on a bike path and the kids enjoy seeing other bikers and runners.  They also enjoy stopping on a big bridge and waving to trucks on the highway.  They usually get a few honks which is of course a highlight! Sometimes they venture over to the home of some dear friends.  Again it is win/win as they are gone longer and I can get more done, Brandon's legs get a rest, great fellowship happens, and the kids get to run and play.

After all the fresh air, running and playing there are great naps here.  Sometimes there is rest time for the whole family.  Bliss friends, bliss! Yes, I do love Mondays!

First time wearing a helmet.  This one is a little big!


T:  OK Daddy, I am ready for the adventure.

T: You mean I have to sit right next to him?  M: Aren't you excited T?

M: Daddy, you just bike.  T is in good hands! T: I don't know about this. 
M:  Hey Big Trucks, honk your horns!

T:  Hey, this is FUN!

Snack time at our friend's house.

No comments: