Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Relatives Came




M loves the book by Cynthia Rylant about the relatives coming.  While we didn't have a car full of family every weekend, we did have family come THREE weekends in a row (yes, Nikky is family).  I think the kids are finally detoxed from the chaos and wonderfulness and spoiledness of the weekends.

It was a huge blessing to have my mom and her parents come down last weekend (like 10 days ago).  The weather was cool, but not raining so we counted that as a win.  It warmed my heart to be able to introduce my grandparents to T and see them all playing together.  Such precious memories.

We got to play outside and inside, head down to the lake, check out the new popcorn store, and go to church together.  We also ate lots of tasty food and desserts. 

Some of the photos got out of order.  They were fine until I tried to add a caption.  Oh well, they are from within 24 hours of each other so I think it is fine.

T: I can swing like the big kids, watch me Daddy!

M: Climb higher T  T: I am not sure about this M.
T getting to know her Great Grandpa Lester.

T hanging out with her Great Grandma Doris (and a naked baby)
M: Good Job Great Grandpa!

T: Hmm, I might need to grow into this shirt.

M: It almost fits me great! "My Grandpa is an EMT.  He saves lives."

T: We all fall down!  (Ring Around The Rosie lover)


M: I have to keep my eye on the ball. 

M: Here is comes Great Grandma!


Enjoying popcorn with the Greats!

Two of my favorite females!

T: Grandma Kathy taught me to smell the flowers and not pull them.  I am really good at it now.

M: Are you watching, I am ready to jump!  (He likes to jump and then do a handstand.  I keep telling him he only has one neck!)
M: G. Grandpa, I need to tell you something.
M: It is nice of him to eat the popcorn we dropped.

4 generations
 
M: This is the life!
Enjoying the last few minutes before good-byes.



No comments: