Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer Living - We're having a blast!


Summer 2013 has been wonderful... and it isn't over yet.  One of the awesome perks of being an at home mom is enjoying "summer" well into Fall! Hopefully the weather will stay warm for a while... maybe until it is time to put up the Christmas tree?  We didn't start to get warm temps here until July so I am grateful for the recent warmer days.  This post is a mix of photos from the summer. 

M: We are twins!  T: I can't believe I am not falling off!  (Bummer that the flash was broken)
M: What a beautiful day here on the bridge.  T: Let go of me Daddy.  I have places to go... that water looks refreshing.

M: I got a real Sheriff badge in the mail from a real Sheriff who happens to be Daddy's relative. 

M: So we are just watching for our neighbor.  T: I am waiting patiently for the dogs to come lick me.

T: Do you know how to do sit ups like me M?  M: Um, not sure I even want to try right now T.  I have a neighbor to wait for.

T: I sort of like corn, but since it is super messy, I enjoy trying to eat it.

The photo below marks a very special play date we had recently with the F family.  They have a daughter (another M) who lived at L in Ethiopia with our M while they were waiting to come home.  This alone would be a very special reunion.  Well, the story gets better.  T and their daughter H are both from the same Province in Ch!na.  What a small world!  The kids had so much fun playing together.  It was special for me to reflect on meeting Mr F in ET on our court trip.  He was bringing their M home.  They prayed over our M on their court trip and I have photos from this special event.  The story gets cooler all the time, right?  Well, one more cool tidbit.  These kids are all church mascots as they all have pastor dads! 
God is good!

T: Yum, I love coloring!  M: T, Big Brother will show you the right way to color. 

M: You can never really be too protected from the sun's rays!

M:  I was a big helper when I helped Daddy clean out the car! 

M: Daddy look.  I am an Ethiopian Squatter.  (We often call T our Chinese Squatter.  You might have noticed her squatting in many a photo.)

T officially became a part of our family in Ch!na, but we did a re-adoption locally as well.  The allows us to get T a US birth certificate and then a US passport.  We were blessed to have the same judge as we had for M... and he remembered us! 
T: Why is the man holding me wearing a dress?  M: (literally said this into the microphone) "I love L" (his buddy L got a mention)

M: I can push T all by myself.  T: Higher!

M: Brother wants to be in your 18 month picture too.  T: Fine with me, because when you leave, I am out of here!

T: I wonder if I should set this rice cake down before I dive off the chair?

T: Daddy made my hair "pretty" while playing with it at dinner.  I am eating my fingers because it is bumpy and hurting all over my mouth (teething times 5 or 6)

No comments: