Friday, August 30, 2013

We headed south for the day!


Last week (well it might be a couple of weeks by the time this posts) we had the great blessing of heading south to our old seminary era stomping ground for the day.  I always try to make the most of our time there which often leads to chaos. 
This visit I stopped first at Target to change a stinky diaper and look for reusable worksheet sleeves in the $1 section.  They were out... 3rd Target out of them.  Who is hoarding them friends?  Anyway, after Target I went to get my ring cleaned as that is the closest jeweler of the chain I need for my wedding ring.  After the ring cleaning we had a failed attempt to pick up a DVD a friend had borrowed.  Then we went to the grocery store.  This grocery store is one of my favorite places ever.  I was the only "white" person in the store that day.  They have almost every kind of ethnic food and we always try something new.  They have insanely cheap tortillas so I really stocked up.  After the grocery we were off to the park for a play date with area friends and lunch.  Sound busy, right?  It was!  It was fun to catch up with a few moms and kids at the park.

 Finally after lunch we arrived at the home of "two sweet boys" and family.  These two boys (E and A) have grown so much since I first met them.  It is hard to believe that E T's age when we met!  What a blessing to see our children play and laugh together.  The kids both slept a little.  We went for a walk/bike ride to a park, we ate very tasty food, we were given a crib and car seat which after only an hours time we got to fit in the van.  I am so thankful for these dear friends.  Spending time with them always makes me want to spend more and more time with them.

T: Thanks for letting me pet your dog E.
T: Aww, so soft.  (She looks so big here)
M: I love remote control everything! Thanks for sharing with me A.

T: I don't seem to be going anywhere on this bike.

M: Look at me biking on A's bike.  I went all the way to the park and all the way home all by myself!



No comments: