Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Say What?

It has been way too long since I did a "Say What" blog post.  For every funny thing I write down, I am sure 20+ have been said that I didn't write down.  Oh well, at least we have a few of them.

The last time I did a "say what" was 6 months ago so these quotes are from the last several months.

M loves the song "Angels we have head on high" and he does not think it is only for the Christmas season.  If you remember he sang it loudly while watching fireworks this summer.  He does like to change the line "and the mountains in reply" to "the mountains are the perfect size."

He told someone "T ate ducklings." (dumplings)

Not sure if I have this one somewhere or not: In the song Christ has Risen there is a line, "Oh hell, where is your sting" and he changed it to "Oh hell, where is your string"  ... some might wish for a string out of hell I suppose.

M likes to pretend to go through the drive through to order a Culver's Concrete Mixer.  They are the only drive through item our family gets (Brandon) and we actually call our fruit and veggie smoothies concrete mixers to add to the appeal of them.  Anyway, one day M was driving through the pretend drive through and ordered what Brandon likes to order, only said, "May I have a concrete mixer with chocolate custard and fingerbutts?"  (Butter Fingers and Peanut Butter Cups)

M loves the song "All to us" (Chris Tomlin) and there is a line in the song "let the glory of your name be the passion of the Church..."  He said, "He's the pastor of the church"  I think he thought the song was about daddy :)

Handing out compliments one night at dinner M said to me, "You are just a sweetie pie"  and then to Brandon, "You are a pumpkin" and then "T is a roast"  oh dear...

"Mom, glad you didn't be hitted"  (I have no idea what this means, but it was on a post-it so it must have been funny at the time.

Me: You need to pray that God will help you to obey
M: (after a time of not talking) I did.  I prayed in Spanish.

M after being at a car dealership: "Guess what?! There was a red car like yours"  (The car was a viper and I drive a 1999 Chevy Cavalier which is apparently pretty cool)

"There was a deer.  It was incredible when the deer came."  (Brandon, do you know what this is about?)

"The juice took the onion down my throat"  (he was eating an apple)

M: I drive a frog truck
Me: Why?
M: People want frogs in their house
Me: Why?
M: To stay healthy
Me: Do they eat them?
M: Yes
Me: How?
M: You take a frog and say, "It will be OK" then put it in your mouth and eat it.

Brandon and M were talking about a Plymouth Prowler (matchbox car)
Brandon: This car isn't a race car.  It drives on the streets.
M: Race cars drive on the sidewalks?

"One of the things I know is that right now my body is not organized for sleep."

While we were getting the outside of the church painted M spent much time talking with the painters who were very patient with him.  We were on a first name basis with most of the crew.
M: Ask Andy and whats his name that drives it?  Fight?
Me: Russel.  The other man's name is Russel
M: Yeah, Wrestle
Me: Russel, not Wrestle... then to Brandon... He is calling him "Fight" like "Wrestle"
Then we all laugh.

One night at dinner M is eating watermelon chucks with a fork.
M: This is a shotter.  It can shot people.  It can shot people right now.  Boom! Boom! Boom!
Me: I guess we have just witnessed the first time our child turns something into a gun.

While eating chips and cheese (Daiya dairy free cheese):
M: Is it gooder than a semi?
later in the meal...
M: Is T messier than a semi?
He likes to use semi trucks as his one form of simile and it rarely works.  He has also asked:
Is it hotter than a semi?  Am I taller than a semi? Is it longer (in time) than a semi?  and several more.

I was washing dishes and M was going back outside to play.  I told him to have fun outside and he said, "Have fun dishing."

M is in the middle of a huge sports fan phase right now.  He wants to wear athletic clothes every day.  Not just T-shirts and warm up pants.  The T-shirts MUST have a ball of some sort on them.  School themed shirts that might even say the word football don't count.  This is proving stressful as we don't have that many to choose from, but the first day he wore a sporty outfit he said, "I'm a sporter" and then "I'm a team."  We then talked about being sporty and an athlete and part of a team.

I was driving a bit too fast one day and out of the blue M shouts, "It is EEElegal to speed."

Brandon and M were playing a tickling game at breakfast and M said, "Wait until God says in your heart, 'Tickle him, Man'!"

"T can't have any of thesees (rhymes with Jesus and is apparently the plural of these which I thought was already plural) 

and last but not least an bathroom one, but how could I not include it?

M called us into the bathroom to wipe him yesterday and then he called, "Just wait, I have to go one more inch."  Brandon and I just died laughing.

No comments: