Sunday, January 19, 2014

Feeling Thankful


My parents came to town for a longer visit on Thanksgiving weekend.  It was such a blessing to have them here.  We did a lot of cooking and baking and eating and playing.  There was a peace in my heart having them here as it was a very challenging time as we were processing through so many things with M.  I am not sure if it was a super relaxing visit for them.  There were many parts that were hard, but we did have some great moments and funny memories as we shared life together. These photos are somewhat out of order.

Dad and I were enjoying some Shelly safe Apple Crisp.  It was yummy, but I ran out of my favorite brand of coconut sugar and the aftertaste of the new bag was intense.
Cuddling up next to my dad makes life better, even if I am over 30.

M: It is way hard to sleep when grandparents are here!

All 4 of us in one photo... remarkable!

M: I am a great big brother.  T: Faster M!

T: Peek-A-Boo

M: I am getting strong.

Family Band. 

M: I found them!
So the photo above is hilarious.  M was obsessed with hide and seek and in our basement the options are somewhat limited.  During one round at the same moment both my dad and Brandon decided to hide under the gym mat. Even tough it was tight they both went for it anyway. It was funny to watch it unfold from my hiding spot.  They look pretty cozy under there. 
M: Come on Grandpa Daryl, let's wrestle.  T: More tickles Grandpa.

M: "So, one time my Jacobs..."
I love the above photo.  My parents rock as grandparents.  Seeing them listen to M's long stories and truly enjoy our kids in such a sweet gift to me.
M: She is heavy.  T: This is great.

M: What are you looking at? 

So cozy

T: I love Grandma Kathy's boots.

M: I am so tall AND I match Grandpa Daryl! 

No comments: