Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Year, Old Germs!

(TMI warning... recording the memory of our sickness means I will talk about gross stuff)  :)

I think we are all FINALLY healthy, but we had some nasty bugs floating around our house this winter.  If you read the Christmas post you know that the kids and I were all sick while traveling.  We thought we were on the mend when we got home.  We arrived home on a Thursday.  I was always feeling a bit funky but brushed it off.  T still had a monster cold and then transitioned to a stomach bug with lots of diarrhea.  M also had diarrhea.  On Sunday night I was up in the night throwing up again.  Monday was one of my sickest days since the Ethiopia Court trip in 2010!  I am so very very thankful that it was Brandon's day off as he would have had to take the day off it it wasn't.

By Tuesday I was on the mend and all seemed better for me.  The kids were still suffering from tummy upset and bathroom stuff, but I was fine.  Brandon was having some tummy funk going on too.  I think a lesser grade of all the stuff we were dealing with.  On Friday I was running a fever and running to the bathroom too.  Friday night/Saturday am was the grossest bathroom stuff I have dealt with since before I learned I had Celiac... so over 10 years ago.

As I said at the beginning, I think we are all finally over this super bug.  Three of us experienced every single cold/flu symptom in the book with this sick spell so I felt it was worth documenting.

Don't worry, there will be another photo blog tomorrow.  It will not talk about gross stuff :)

*This post needs to be edited as well.  We currently have colds...again.  They are pretty mild and we are not letting them stop us from much during the day, but they do like to stop sleep.

No comments: