Saturday, February 8, 2014

Birds!!!!


If you were to survey my friends and family and ask them about my fears, I am pretty sure birds would come up in every conversation.  While chickens are the number one feared bird and geese a close second, all birds scare me.  With that being said, birds at a distance (and from behind closed doors of course) are beautiful and fascinating to watch. 

I have truthfully and honestly taken great delight in watching the birds outside of our house.  I wrote recently about our flock of 50ish finches.  We also have many other types of birds that eat at our feeders most days. 

One tree limb pile is very close to our house and while I am washing dishes I can see the birds so closely and clearly.  I think God has really given me a deepened care and appreciation for birds this winter. 

The birds are also hilarious.  They do flying sprints back and forth from the pile to the feeder.  About 30 birds at a time.  Sometimes they have midair collisions going to and from the feeder.  To be still with the kids and watch the birds is such a gift!  We tried to take some racing photos, but they are much to fast and often were not all in the frame at the same time, but these photos sort of show what I am talking about.



I know it is blurry through the screen, but can you see the flock out our kitchen sink window?
Trying to capture some of the flock, but they don't all fit in a frame. 

A small pack racing to the feeder!

No comments: