Monday, February 10, 2014

Children's Museum AND Indoor Playground... because it is cold!


OK, this *might* be my last post from the cold... well unless we get hit with another blast!  The cold weather has commanded us to get creative with our play this winter.  Brandon has taken the kids to "playland" several times (McDonald's, he gets a shake and they play) but we decided we might need to expand our adventures as the cold days continued. 

Last fall at FFSS we won tickets to a children's museum at the silent auction.  We have a reputation of forgetting to use what we win, but we didn't forget about this one.  The kids and I had a BLAST at the museum.  I had no idea how lovely it was.  There is a well known one in our area and this isn't it, but we liked this one more actually.  The kids played hard all morning and stayed very regulated.  We even ran into another adoptive family who recognized our family from a FB group. 

T: Wat, Wat mommy!  I can see the things move in there when I play!

T:  I love grocery shopping!
And then we went to the 4th floor and saw the fire station and M was so filled with joy and awe I almost cried!!!!!  M shows every person that comes to our house these pics of him.  He was so proud!
M: I am really really really a fire fighter!
M: Hurry T we need to get to the fire!

T: It feels so good to be behind the wheel!

M: But mom where is the mask part of the breathing apparatus?

T: The fish aren't biting, but at least I have a snack.

T: Time for a GF pretzel break at the magnets!

M: I can be a light house operator and a fire fighter!

M: These magnets sure do stick!

T: I like fishing... maybe I will get a pole soon too.

M: I am so brave and up so high!

Can you see me down there mom?
Throughout the summer Brandon and a friend Todd went biking with their four combined kids in the Burley carts.  The kids were troopers and they were able to go biking each week until about Thanksgiving.  Then it started snowing and hasn't stopped.  The kids have been having play dates at Todd's house which is great.  During the big freeze the dad's decided to go off site for a little adventure.  They went to an local indoor playground.  The kids all really enjoyed themselves and M is making big plans to go back there again! Since it was well below zero I should mention that M wears warm clothes on top of his summer clothes and then strips them off indoors. 


T: What?  This stroller isn't park of the playground?  Well, it sure is fun!

T: Weee!

T: Swim faster fishy!

M: Y and I love to race down the slides!

T: I LOVED playing in this little house.  Fist bumping the doors open was my favorite!

T: Welcome to T's house of joy!

M: The climbing wall was awesome!
M: Thanks for taking us to this cool place Dad!

No comments: