Saturday, February 1, 2014

Say What... Again!

It has been a while and the post it notes have been adding up!  Hope you are all ready for a few laughs today!   These are funny things said between September 2013 and January 2013.

Said to Brandon when he was meeting him at the back door "I was quick as a hurry"

M pointing to a button on the freezer: Is this warm ice?
Brandon filling up the glass with water: yes, this is warm ice.
M frequently: Can I have some warm ice? 
Me today to Brandon:  I figured it out, M called crushed ice warm ice!

M: When T is 2 I am going to make a miracle and put a star in the sky so that everyone knows she's 2
Brandon: I thought only God could do miracles.
M: I can too.

I found a large sweet potato in the freezer.
Me: M and T do you know how this got in the freezer?
M: I put it in there.
Me: Why?
M: I found it and didn't know where to put it so I set it in there.


Brandon: What are you thinking about?
M: Nothing, I'm just frustrated that Great Grandpa Bergs died because I loved him.

M talking about why he doesn't eat much breakfast: I'm an eating machine only at supper.

During a football game on TV,
M: Daddy, they said he was on fire...pause... was he?  
B: No, that means he was doing a really good job.

M wanted Grandpa Tom to pretend to sleep.  M would then sniff or breathe on his face causing Tom to open his eyes.  M said over and over again, "Don't realize me."

Brandon: "Here Talulah!  Here Prada!"  The dogs didn't come. (Neighbors dogs)
M: "Here Talulah!  Here Prada!"  The dogs didn't come.
Brandon: "I guess they don't know our voices
M: shouts "It's M_______"

One afternoon M woke up from nap and said, "When I get downstairs I want to spit into the sink because this hamburger is taking a long time."  He had been chewing a piece of meat in his mouth for over three hours.  Gross!

Sometimes there are quotes in the drawer that I can't remember the context of...

M: Stay still T.  Why don't you lay eggs?

M: This is yummy juice.  It gives my breath a little breeze!

M: I am the handiest boy in the world. 

M's way to say things:
Prastick = practice
Birr-a-lee = blurry
Cleaches = Football Cleats
Cramera = Camera
M: "So, a name, a female deer, Rain, a drop of golden sun."

M: I'm under a cover.
Me: Why?
M: I don't have my badge on.  (so he was actually undercover :)

M: "Angels we have heard on high, Sealer, Sealer or the place."

Daddy: It's really pretty outside, isn't it?
M: Yeah, and it's really snowflakey.

M: Do you know Starburst make me talk better?
Me: How does it make you talk better?
M: I don't know, I was just made that way. 

While eating chickpeas:
M: Mmmm this makes more sense.  This is better as a food item.
Me: What?
M: I learned that in The Pond video.
Me: What?


T's first say what:
Me: T are you going to wipe yourself with a blanket?
T: "I" (which meant yes for a while) and laughs

T: Moooo (while eating a hamburger)

Classical Conversations influence:
"I am going to have three dogs.  Their names are Scott, Cold War, and Ancient"  He thinks that the books about a dog are "Scott" the dog, not Spot the dog.

After talking about a cool presentation in CC -
M: Why was it an animal shell?
Me: It was an animal cell
M: What did he (the animal) sell?

M singing on his bike at full volume: "Excommunicated"

M: Sought the church for Jerusalem.  (it should be "Fought the Turks for Jerusalem")

Written by me to a CC FB group not a political statement but funny commentary: So our family doesn't talk too much about Presidents, but M loves the President song on the CC CD's and sings them a lot. He thinks "Obama" is such a fun word to say. We went caroling today with our church and we say many songs. M was going to the bathroom tonight after caroling and I heard him singing, "Away in a manger O-ba-a-a-ma"
Also, while riding in the Burley cart on the bike bath this summer he also sang, "If you're happy and you know it shout Obama."

Jacob:
M has an imaginary friend... well actually many.  One time I asked him how many Jacob's there were and he told me "there used to be 8 but he buyed another one so now he has nine!"  Jacob entered our lives last summer and he is a constant source of information for M.  M spins tall tales about Jacob every day.  If he hears a story about someone getting in a car accident, you can be sure that he will soon tell a story of "one of my Jacobs" that recently got in a car accident as well.  He has many Jacob Nelson's, many Jacob Kuba's and then he has the Chicago Jacob's.

Jacob is usually just a story character, but sometimes he plays with Jacob and races him or fights him etc.  Jacob does not usually get blamed for things, but Jacob's parents do let him do WAY MORE stuff than we let M do and Jacob eats way more candy than M and drinks way more juice than M.

While on our way to Chicago M was very excited to see the "Chicago Jacob's"  He spotted them playing football on a golf course and he also was calling them from Brandon's phone while we were in Chicago.  He wanted to meet up with them.

Jacob is a firefighter and a bus driver and a Dr. and an everything really!  His stories are endless.  They are usually very long and are heavy on the use of big words :)   We are thankful for M's imaginary Jacob's and the way they promote a great imagination for M.

Here is one recent short mention of Jacob. 
M: "I'm glad to go and take my first cam-Pain." 
Me: What?
M: I say that because Jacob is at the Dr. getting some pain out! (and here I thought he was thinking about running for office haha... actually it is of course a line from Sound of Music)

No comments: